News & Updates

Community News:
Episode Info:
Featured:
  • US/Canada Scheduling For New Episodes
  • New Forum Banners! (3/21)
  • Video Archive Removal (10/24)
  • Image Resizing Feature Upgrade (8/21)
  • Season 6 Hiatus & Ruminations (Updated 7/11)
  • We Have A New Default Theme!

• Current Episode: S7E08 "Hard To Say Anything"
    Next Episode: S7E09 "Honest Apple"

Next Episode:

Coming to Theaters October 6th, 2017!
    Welcome to Brony Kingdom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Your account may take up to 48 hours for approval, so please be patient! :)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
    Add Reply
    Episode Grade
    A+ 0 (0%)
    A 1 (50%)
    A- 0 (0%)
    B+ 1 (50%)
    B 0 (0%)
    B- 0 (0%)
    C+ 0 (0%)
    C 0 (0%)
    C- 0 (0%)
    D+ 0 (0%)
    D 0 (0%)
    D- 0 (0%)
    F 0 (0%)
    Total Votes: 2
    MLPFIM S7E01 - "Celestial Advice" - Grading & Discussion
    Topic Started: Apr 6 2017, 07:54 PM (133 Views)
    Rainbow Dash
    Member Avatar
    Snuggle Princess

Episode Title: "Celestial Advice"
    Air Date: April 15th, 2017, 11:30 AM Eastern Time (3:30 PM GMT/UTC)

Summary: "Twilight Sparkle agonizes over Starlight Glimmer’s future and receives some much-needed advice from her very own mentor – Princess Celestia."

Live Streams:
    HaxMega
    BronyState Theaters
    Brony Network
    Equestria TV
    Otaku Ascended

REMEMBER: NO OPEN SPOILERS UNTIL 4 PM EST (8 PM UTC/GMT) the day the episode airs.
    =-

Ruminations:
    Where to begin?! This is the premiere episode for season 7! After months and months of no pony, we're now starting into the new season with a change. The season opening episode will not be a two-parter. This is a stand-alone episode, and is the first of its kind for MLP, because even the series premiere was a two-parter. I'm not sure if this is because the episode we'll be seeing is also on the Shout Factory DVD (which may be why), or they just wanted to shake things up a bit. Regardless of why, I'm curious to see how this episode will play out. Twilight seems to feel she's in the same place Celestia was years ago when she commissioned Twilight to make some friends, and to grow into who she is today. It's a passing of the torch moment, in a way, and I wonder how the showrunners are going to handle this. Since the episode is a single, I'm wondering if we'll also see an overarching theme this season based on this first episode, because surely one can't fit that entire theme into a single episode and expect it to be enough. So we shall see.

On another note, this year our poll will be more nuanced, allowing for greater voting options.
    Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rainbow Dash
    Member Avatar
    Snuggle Princess

**SPOILERS**

An interesting start to the season, this episode seems to be more of a talky. So Twilight, Celestia, and Luna are honoring the B team for their role in rescuing Equestria from a totalitarian changeling society, when Discord pressures Twilight into presenting Starlight with a huge surprise. Twilight starts to panic, decides to consult Princess Celestia, and in the process Twilight realizes she needs to let Starlight go so she can spread her wings, as it were. Twilight then has to figure out just where she wants to send her, and imagines three different locations: the Changeling empire, the Dragon lands, or the Crystal Empire, where she'll work with Sunburst.

Of course, in classic Twilight fashion, each choice becomes more dangerous than the last, and by the last scenario Twilight's worried that Starlight may accidentally destroy the entire universe. Celestia lets Twilight know that she had the same doubts about her own pupil, to Twilight's surprise, and we finally get to see how Celestia devised the entire plan to bring Twilight together with the Mane 5. I mean, we always suspected Celestia was fully behind it, but now it's canon! Also, filly mane six! *squee*

In the end, Twilight is comforted, and tells Starlight she has graduated to independence, and lets her know she's free to go wherever she chooses. Starlight chooses to remain, because she doesn't yet want to leave. Of course, Twilight loves this, and they embrace. Twilight presents Starlight with a large mirror, similar to one she has in her own bedroom, with pictures of the friends she's made inlaid into the side panels. Starlight cries, and then Twilight cries and then I cry.

All in all, a solid episode. We get some backstory fulfillment (after waiting 7 seasons!), talking changelings, and sarcastic Spike at his best. This one gets a B+. It's a good start to the season.

LostSanity
    BANNED

Due to blatantly obvious reasons, my thoughts are going to be in spoilers.

Because, as always, they're controversial. Which means you probably shouldn't read them. In fact, don't. But if you do... don't be an opinion hating jerk. If you choose to ignore this warning and choose to be an opinion hating ass, I'll report your idiocy immediately. There's your 'viewer discretion' warning.

Spoiler: click to toggle

However...

Current Status:

Stay: 30%
    Leave: 70%

Reason: Continued expectation to like HORRID NOT REDEEMED characters.

Rainbow Dash
    Member Avatar
    Snuggle Princess

LostSanity
    Apr 16 2017, 04:09 PM
    Due to blatantly obvious reasons, my thoughts are going to be in spoilers.

Because, as always, they're controversial. Which means you probably shouldn't read them. In fact, don't. But if you do... don't be an opinion hating jerk. If you choose to ignore this warning and choose to be an opinion hating ass, I'll report your idiocy immediately. There's your 'viewer discretion' warning.

Spoiler: click to toggle

However...

Current Status:

Stay: 30%
    Leave: 70%

Reason: Continued expectation to like HORRID NOT REDEEMED characters.
    Don't threaten to report members for disagreeing with you.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
    « Previous Topic · Sugarcube Corner · Next Topic »
    Add Reply

Contact Us via Facebook, Twitter, or Email below!

All images used in the banners are borrowed under the Creative Commons license. All respective copyrights upheld.
    - Brony Kingdom Believes in Equal Rights for Everyone -