Fiction Library Review Threads

News & Updates

Community News:
Episode Info:
Spotlight Threads:
  • New Forum Banners! (3/21)
  • Video Archive Removal (10/24)
  • Image Resizing Feature Upgrade (8/21)
  • Season 6 Hiatus & Ruminations (Updated 7/11)
  • We Have A New Default Theme!
  • Current Episode: S7E03 "A Flurry of Emotions"
    Next Episode: S7E04 "Rock Solid Friendship"
    Followed By: S7E05 "Fluttershy Leans In"

Next Episode:

Welcome to Brony Kingdom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Your account may take up to 48 hours for approval, so please be patient! :)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
    Add Reply
    Ponyville Tavern (Introduction Thread); Come on in, have a pint, and introduce yourself! This is the *OFFICIAL* Introduction thread!
    Topic Started: Oct 9 2011, 04:44 PM (438 Views)
    Count Zero
    Member Avatar
    Town Pony
    I hope Kestra won't mind if I open this thread but I figure it's a good starting point. Also, I've already forgotten who half of you people are on TrekBBS. :lol:

As I'm lazy I just copied my response from the old place:

TBBS Name: Count Zero (surprise!)

When did you first start watching MLP?
    I don't quite remember, probably in July or so, when it made the rounds on TBBS. At first, I was more into the meme and the TNZ pony avatar thing was actually my idea. Shortly afterwards, I started watching in earnest.

What were your favorite cartoons growing up?
    When I was a child Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Ducktales, later in life (as a teenager) The Simpsons, Daria and Duckman. Also Futurama, but by the time it premiered here, I wasn't quite a teenager anymore.

What other shows, movies, books, are you into?
    A lot. :D
    I'll confine myself to the absolute favourites and stuff that's internationally known. My favourite shows are Star Trek in most incarnations (excluding Voyager and TAS), Doctor Who - both new and old with the relevant spin-offs, True Blood and Blake's 7.
    My favourite movie is La Dolce Vita, closely followed by Metropolis. My favourite movie eras/genres are Italian neorealismo and German silent movies.
    I read a lot, both 'high' literature and stuff like Trek books. My favourite authors are Thomas Mann, Heinrich Mann, Shakespeare, Goethe, Dickens, William Gibson and Michel Houellebecq. If I had to name just one favourite book, it would be Der Zauberberg (The Magic Mountain) by Thomas Mann.

Favorite pony?
    Difficult question. From the main cast, it's probably Twilight Sparkle but they all have their moments and I love them all as characters. From the supporting cast I love Scootaloo the most for some reason.
    Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jacob A
    Member Avatar
    Sky High.

Copy.... Paste...

Hah, why not? :P

TBBS Name: Jaytrek (Greytrek for haloween)
    When did you first start watching MLP?: Around mid-late June of this year. At first I didn't want anyone else to know, but now I don't really care. I even liked it on facebook.

What were your favorite cartoons growing up?: Surprisingly, although I was into cartoony things, I never really had many favourites, I was more into things like "The Clangers" or "Basil Brush", but I suppose I liked Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Tweetie Pie etc. All the usuals.

What other shows, movies, books, are you into?: Star Trek (Obviously), Lord Of The Rings, Star Wars, Terminator, Doctor Who, [guilty pleasure]X-Factor[/guilty pleasure], Downton Abby, Doc Martin, most comedies (Monty Python esp.). The list could go on forever, but I'd better stop there :D .

Favourite Pony?: They're all my favourites! But I suppose I'll have to go with RainbowDash, with Fluttershy and Pinkie close behind.
    Edited by Jacob A, Oct 9 2011, 04:47 PM.

RarityLexis
    Member Avatar
    sweet and elite
    Copying and pasting, especially since my MLP nick isn't going to ring any bells with anyone. You've probably forgotten me at TBBS as well, I've been really inactive, only posting whenever commercial music is mentioned and occasionally in the Brony Thread. I don't know why, I just feel a little intimidated over there now.

TBBS Name: Eyes (Taking the identity of a Twilight: Eclipse soundtrack song right now, though)
    When did you first start watching MLP? July 2011

What were your favorite cartoons growing up? Wasn't too into cartoons, from what I can remember.

TV Shows: Whatever is flavour of the month, in general (mostly some student comedy on E4 ). Reality TV a bit. I do like Star Trek er... quite a bit, Doctor Who. I don't have many I watch that regularly.

Movies: Lord Of The Rings. BEST FILM EVAH!!! Otherwise, while I enjoy a good many films, it's the usual favourites (like POTC, Star Wars, Terminator, Back To The Future), and I'm not a big film watcher. GOD, I sound so interesting.

Books: Used to be really into books, not so much now. I love high fantasy (or even gritty fantasy), sci-fi, and well written adventure books, though. I have been tempted to try Twilight a few times, if only because it TAKES OVER the teen fiction section in book shops. But no. More magician's guilds and elf and dwarf kingdom stuff for me.

Music: I'm adding this category because I think it's where I fit best. My music taste is rather.. strange. I like 95% of what I hear, and my main thing is cheesy pop or mainstream soft rock. Or some good synthy hip-hop or dance. It depends. That cheesy pop thing I think is rather relevant, though (and it's the reason why Lexis).

Favorite pony? Over time, it's become Rarity. I just LOVE her. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are dangerously close, but Rarity is just so AWESOME. I'll go get an avatar of her.

Count Zero
    Member Avatar
    Town Pony
    For what it's worth, I have no problems remembering that you're Eyes, RarityLexis, but I get confused about JacoDash for some reason, probably because there's also Rainbow Dash.
    Edited by Count Zero, Oct 9 2011, 04:54 PM.

Jacob A
    Member Avatar
    Sky High.

^Just remember it's Jay, and J. :)

I'm Jay(trek), or Jacob, and J. Allen is the full RD.
    Edited by Jacob A, Oct 9 2011, 04:56 PM.

RarityLexis
    Member Avatar
    sweet and elite
    Hah. I bet he's replying now. Oh, he has.

I don't forget him because of who he is (My brother, for the record. He just joined TBBS not long after me). ;)

But Jay, you have to admit... Getting lost in the crowd a bit, are we? :rarity:

Count Zero
    Member Avatar
    Town Pony
    @ JacoDash: But my head is full of Bronze Age stuff! ;)

ETA: Hey cool, I didn't know you were brothers.
    Edited by Count Zero, Oct 9 2011, 05:00 PM.

Rainbow Dash
    Member Avatar
    Snuggle Princess

TBBS Name: J. Allen

When did you first start watching MLP? July, 2011. I became a full fledged Brony the same day.

Voltron, Thundercats, Silver Hawks, StarCom, Gummi Bears, Talespin, Ducktales, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, G.I. Joe, JEM!, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Camp Candy, David the Gnome, Smurfs, Garfield & Friends, Muppet Babies, Snorks, & Bucky O'Hare.

TV Shows: Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9), Frasier, Cheers, Boston Legal, MASH, Night Court, Hogan's Heroes, I Love Lucy, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, Harry's Law.

Movies: Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles, Finding Nemo, Cars, Wall-E, The Man From Earth, Moulin Rouge, Cashback, The Lover, Man, Woman and the Wall, Back to the Beach, City of Ember, Star Wars Episodes IV to VI, Star Trek I to VI, FC, and 2009, Gosford Park, Six Degrees of Separation, and many, many more.

Books: "The Demon Haunted World" by Carl Sagan, "The Greatest Show on Earth" by Richard Dawkins, "The World of Tibetan Buddhism" by His Holiness the Dalai Lama, lots and lots of Star Trek books. Lots of science fiction, political thrillers, non-fiction biographies, etc.

Favorite pony? Love them all, but if I had to choose, it would be Rainbow Dash, hooves down. ;)

mudshark58
    Member Avatar
    Foal
    Let's see...

TBBS Name: I'm one of those green people, sometimes known as M'

When did you first start watching MLP?
    Early July, I think. Still working my way through the Season 1 eps, so far.

Pre-1958 Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies cartoons and anything by Tex Avery. Also The Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoons.

I can't possibly remember them all at once (some of you can read what's in my FB profile to get an idea) but just to give a hint:

Shows: Trek (all of 'em), The Avengers, The Prisoner, The Wild Wild West, Northern Exposure. Also just finished watching Cowboy Bebop for the first time.

Movies: Bridge on the River Kwai, The Third Man, The Great Race, Blazing Saddles, Twelve Monkeys, Real Genius, LotR trilogy, Buckaroo Banzai, Dogma, Time Bandits, ...

Books: Twain, Dickens, Vonnegut, Thomas Pynchon, Tom Robbins, 40s-50s SF short stories...

Favorite pony? Hard to say - I like all of them for one reason or another. Pinkie Pie cracks me up a lot, though.

Count Zero
    Member Avatar
    Town Pony
    I wondered who you were, mudshark. Welcome! Also, yay for the Avengers. I didn't list them under the shows I'm into because I still haven't watched all episodes, especially the ones after Emma Peel leaves, even though I once won the DVD box with the Tara King episodes in a quiz. My favourite comedian is a huge fan and presented the show in the 'watching tv shows/movies together' thing he does pretty regularly. That's how I really got into the show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
    ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
    Create your own social network with a free forum.
    Go to Next Page
    « Previous Topic · Community Center · Next Topic »
    Add Reply

Contact Us via Facebook, Twitter, or Email below!

All images used in the banners are borrowed under the Creative Commons license. All respective copyrights upheld.
    - Brony Kingdom Believes in Equal Rights for Everyone -