News & Updates

Community News:
Episode Info:
Featured:
  • US/Canada Scheduling For New Episodes
  • New Forum Banners! (3/21)
  • Video Archive Removal (10/24)
  • Image Resizing Feature Upgrade (8/21)
  • Season 6 Hiatus & Ruminations (Updated 7/11)
  • We Have A New Default Theme!

• Current Episode: S7E08 "Hard To Say Anything"
    Next Episode: S7E09 "Honest Apple"

Next Episode:

Coming to Theaters October 6th, 2017!
    Welcome to Brony Kingdom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Your account may take up to 48 hours for approval, so please be patient! :)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
    Add Reply
    "My Little Pony: The Movie (2017)" Thread
    Topic Started: Apr 6 2017, 08:17 PM (266 Views)
    Rainbow Dash
    Member Avatar
    Snuggle Princess

MY LITTLE PONY: THE MOVIE (2017)

WHEN: October 6th, 2017
    WHERE: In Theaters Everywhere!

SUMMARY: In order to stop a threat to the town of Ponyville, the "Mane 6": Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity, must leave their home kingdom of Equestria, meeting new friends and overcoming challenges in the process.

RUMINATIONS:
    It's coming! The My Little Pony movie will premiere in theaters in October of 2017! I am so very excited, because this is the first time we'll be getting an actual G4 pony movie with the ponies themselves. As we've learned, there are some changes: the animation style has been modified somewhat, to take advantage of a theatrical setting. From what I've seen, these are our ponies, but with a few nicer edges. The story says they'll be leaving their home kingdom of Equestria, which opens up SO MANY possibilities. I get nervouscited just thinking about it! I will admit I cried just a bit. I know that may seem silly for some, but I love these ponies, and I've been wanting a movie for them since I first started watching the series back in 2011. Now they're getting one, and it's only 6 months away. Whether I'll get to see it then, I don't know, but I certainly hope so.

That said, let's open this thread for discussion!

OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEDdFRBR_To
    Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rainbow Dash
    Member Avatar
    Snuggle Princess

I think this movie is going to be terrific, and I have high hopes for season 7. Regardless, I will be seeing the movie, even if season 7 is disappointing. The movie script is being written by Meghan McCarthy (yay!) and Rita Hsiao (I don't know her), has a nice big movie budget underneath it, as well as a long running time so the story unfolds at an even pace (something the 21 minute series episodes struggle with at times). They have a real chance to make something great.

Rainbow Dash
    Member Avatar
    Snuggle Princess

This article is a few months old, but gives us the cast of characters: http://movieweb.com/my-little-pony-movie-new-characters-cast-photos/

I adore Kristin Chenoweth, and can't wait to see her character in the film!

Rainbow Dash
    Member Avatar
    Snuggle Princess

360° MLP Movie Tour! Check it out below:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/22/my-little-pony-movie-first-look/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Quote:

My Little Pony is galloping to a new adventure.

The beloved animated series is hitting the big screen this October, and PEOPLE has an exclusive first look at what lies in store for fans of its colorful four-footed characters, who are literally taking the plunge.

After a dark force threatens their home, the Mane 6 transform into sea-ponies for a journey that will take them under the sea, where they’ll meet new friends and face challenges on a special quest.

Those new friends will fit right in — including Princess Skystar, voiced by Kristin Chenoweth, who quips that she dabbled in Method acting for the role.

“I’m so happy I got to create a new character,” Chenoweth tells PEOPLE. “Let’s just say she’s been locked up for a while and is longing for friends. Princess Skystar has beautiful hair, so I made sure my hair was on point for every recording session!”

Check out the exclusive 360º image above to meet Princess Skystar and Queen Novo, voiced by Uzo Aduba. Use your mouse to click and drag the image on a computer, or explore the sea-pony world on your mobile device by swiping around.

Joining Queen Novo and Princess Skystar in the 360º image are the Mane 6 — Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie – and Spike. The film also features the voice talents of Emily Blunt, Taye Diggs, Michael Peña, Zoë Saldana, Liev Schreiber, and Sia.

My Little Pony: The Movie, from Lionsgate, arrives in theaters Oct. 6.

Silver Shade
    Member Avatar
    Wanderer
    New art. New ponies? That makes me nervouscited! Half a year away is too long!

Rainbow Dash
    Member Avatar
    Snuggle Princess

Agreed! I want new pony movie ponies now! Unfortunately, we'll just have to keep waiting. That said, I'll try to keep the relevant bits up to date as much as I can. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
    « Previous Topic · Sugarcube Corner · Next Topic »
    Add Reply

Contact Us via Facebook, Twitter, or Email below!

All images used in the banners are borrowed under the Creative Commons license. All respective copyrights upheld.
    - Brony Kingdom Believes in Equal Rights for Everyone -